These are great for a snack, mixed in with granola, a soup or salad topping, or anything to which you want to add a salty/sweet crunch. The flavors are quite subtle but once you start eating them you won’t be able to stop. I used them as a soup topping but found Corey and I kept adding soup to our bowls just to continue munching on the pumpkin seeds. I even think they would make a great kid snack or popcorn replacement. Best thing is they are super quick easy to make!
Maple Ginger Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs dried ginger (or 1 tbs ginger and 1 tbs cinnamon or 2 tbs cinnamon)
- hearty pinch of salt
- Turn the oven to 150 C
- Pour the pumpkin seeds into a bowl and add all the other ingredients
- Mix until thoroughly covered
- Place on a pan covered in parchment paper
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 12-18 minutes or until the ingredients set
- Take out of the oven and let sit to cool
- Add to your favorite salad, soup or meal or eat alone
NOTE: 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds contains more than half the daily recommended does of magnesium. So folks with high blood pressure or heart issues… eat up!