This recipe has been a staple for me for years. I make it for everyone. My friends love it and I hope you will too!
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 egg (hopefully from happy chickens or local farmers)
- 1/2 cup oil (olive, sunflower or canola oil)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar (preferably brown)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbs yogurt (coconut or plain)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 325 f/ 160 c
2. Grease and flower 9″x5″ baking pan
3. Mash peeled bananas and combine with egg. Mix in flour and sugar, then add the oil and yogurt. Stir to combine.
4. Add spices, vanilla and baking soda.
5. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes (check around one hour to see if it is cooked through–different ovens have different timings).
Serve hot with more yogurt, nut butter, applesauce or butter…