Wow. Corey and I just came back from a luxurious, restful, tasty, sunny, cozy, lazy honeymoon vacation in Greece. Thank you to the amazing Fabrice for letting us stay at his beautiful house for a week. All I can say is OLIVE OIL. YUMMM.
Below is an easy tomato sauce that includes a bit of olive oil. It works well on top of any pasta or roasted veggies or whatever. The key to this recipe is the avocado. Corey discovered that adding an avocado gives the sauce an unbeatable flavor. (It works well as an addition to most blended soups as well). Anyway, give it a go and even without the amazing olive oil, I am sure you will enjoy.
Tasty Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, washed (can be different sizes and colors)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbs olive oil, divided
- 9 basil leaves, chopped (plus a few for garnish)
- 1 ripe avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Turn the oven on to 375 F or 150 C. Place aluminum foil or parchment paper onto a baking tray.
2. Place the washed tomatoes onto the baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil and sea salt. Mix in the garlic cloves. Roast for about 40 minutes stirring occasionally. You want to allow the water to come out of the tomatoes but don’t want them to burn.
3. Place all the ingredients into a blender and mix to desired consistency (roasted tomato and garlic, basil, 2 tbs olive oil, peeled and cored ripe avocado). Add salt and pepper to taste.